Law Offices of Michael A. Brewer offers Broad Experience in Employment Law
Employment law is a broad legal area covering all aspects of the employer/employee relationship. Laws prohibit discrimination based on race, gender, religion, national origin, or age. There are conflicting decisions on the issue of discrimination based on sexual orientation. Discriminatory practices most often are displayed as bias in:
- Job assignment
- Wrongful termination
Employment law examples of racial discrimination or sexual harassment are in the newspaper every day. Understanding how to handle lawsuits involving these issues is not easy. There are many related issues involved, such as free speech rights. The law on the subject is expansive; the Fair Labor Standards Act, the Civil Rights Act, the Equal Pay Act and the American with Disabilities Act, are some examples of federal laws which apply to all employer/employee relationships.
At Law Offices of Michael A. Brewer, our employment attorneys have a thorough understanding of California state and federal employment law. We bring our trial lawyer experience and civil litigation expertise to the vigorous representation of clients involved in employment law disputes. Our business litigation experience is useful not just in legal disputes over employment contracts, but in court cases involving the more recognizable employment law issues of racial discrimination, wrongful termination, or sexual harassment. We at Law Offices of Michael A. Brewer are an excellent choice to represent you or your business in California employment law litigation.
Verdicts & Settlements
- $33 Million verdict Wrongful death action against O.J. Simpson
- $19 Million verdict Malicious prosecution action against Chinese importers
- $6.8 Million verdict Business fraud & conversion case representing a Russian company
- $6.5 Million settlement Breach of contract action against multinational corporation resulting in a $6,500,000.00 settlement
- $5.3 Million verdict Business fraud and breach of contract case
- $4.7 Million verdict Wrongful death / Fraudulent transfer case representing both American and Ukrainian residents
- $4.7 Million settlement Liver Transplant case for wrongful death of Saudi Arabian citizen
- $3.1 Million binding arbitration Personal injury's head on collision
- $2.0 Million settlement Fraudulent transfer case
- $2.0 Million settlement Independent Sales Organization for alleged breach of contract claim
- $1.75 Million settlement Shareholder in connection with corporation shareholder dispute
- $1.5 Million settlement Fraud and breach of contract case
- $1.5 Million Judgment Breach of contract and defamation action resulting in default judgment collected
- $1.3 Million verdict Employment and breach of contract case
- $1.2 Million verdict Misappropriation of trade secrets and indemnity claim
- $1.0 Million settlement Employment termination and breach of contract case
© Copyright 2015 Brewer, LLP. All rights reserved. Disclaimer.