At Law Offices of Michael A. Brewer we have developed the expertise to represent foreign companies and individuals in the following areas:
Cross-Border commercial and business litigation; legal advisory services
We focus our practice on disputes of any type including cross-border commercial claims, breach of contract, fraud, interference with contract, misappropriation of trade secrets and all other business related torts.
Collection of foreign judgments in the United States
We can collect judgments from US companies often securing pre-judgment attachments, restraining orders, preliminary injunctions. We have significant experience setting aside transfers of assets made to avoid judgment creditors and locating assets for the purpose of collection
Domestication of foreign judgments in the United States
Often, a foreign company has obtained a judgment in another jurisdiction against a US based company and/or individual. We are experienced in domesticating foreign judgments to facilitate collection efforts against US based companies and individuals.
Assisting clients in Federal Government Civil Forfeiture matters
We handle cases where the United States government has seized foreign assets thereby depriving the asset holder of the asset. We can file and litigate claims against the government to release the asset from seizure
Assistance with responding to subpoenas and civil demands
We can assist foreign companies to respond to subpoenas served to obtain documents or compel the attendance of a witness and Civil Demands issued by government agencies as part of a state or federal investigation
Language facilitation in Mandarin, Cantonese, Russian, Spanish, Latvian and Japanese.
Verdicts & Settlements
- $33 Million verdict Wrongful death action against O.J. Simpson
- $19 Million verdict Malicious prosecution action against Chinese importers
- $6.8 Million verdict Business fraud & conversion case representing a Russian company
- $6.5 Million settlement Breach of contract action against multinational corporation resulting in a $6,500,000.00 settlement
- $5.3 Million verdict Business fraud and breach of contract case
- $4.7 Million verdict Wrongful death / Fraudulent transfer case representing both American and Ukrainian residents
- $4.7 Million settlement Liver Transplant case for wrongful death of Saudi Arabian citizen
- $3.1 Million binding arbitration Personal injury's head on collision
- $2.0 Million settlement Fraudulent transfer case
- $2.0 Million settlement Independent Sales Organization for alleged breach of contract claim
- $1.75 Million settlement Shareholder in connection with corporation shareholder dispute
- $1.5 Million settlement Fraud and breach of contract case
- $1.5 Million Judgment Breach of contract and defamation action resulting in default judgment collected
- $1.3 Million verdict Employment and breach of contract case
- $1.2 Million verdict Misappropriation of trade secrets and indemnity claim
- $1.0 Million settlement Employment termination and breach of contract case
© Copyright 2015 Brewer, LLP. All rights reserved. Disclaimer.