Questions to Ask Before Hiring an AttorneyApril 27, 2011
Choosing an attorney is an important decision, especially during the stressful time of potential litigation. You’ll want to find the right attorney for your type of case—one who makes you feel comfortable and who communicates with you regularly. But how do you know which one is the right one? First, many attorneys offer free consultations to discuss your case. That can help you assess whether a lawyer is a good fit for you and your needs.
For additional tips, here are some questions that can help you find the right attorney:
- How long have you been in practice?
- Do you have extensive experience in cases like mine?
- How strong is my case and what are the possible outcomes?
- How long will it take to resolve my matter/
- How often will you communicate with me about my case status?
- Will you plan to pursue a settlement or fight for a court date? What about arbitration?
- Who else in your office will work on my case?
- What are my responsibilities in my case?
- What are you rates and how often will I be billed? Do you charge a retainer? Will you work on a contingency basis? Do you work on a sliding scale?
- How much do you anticipate the total case costs will be?
- Do you offer a payment plan?
- Do you carry malpractice insurance, and how much?
The answers to these questions will help you choose the attorney that’s right for your unique case, whether it involves personal injury, credit card dispute, employment labor law, or another matter. At Hornberger & Brewer, we can answer these questions and many more. Feel free to schedule a consultation with our friendly and compassionate staff, and bring any questions you may have about your case, our services, and the legal process. Our experienced attorneys specialize in a wide variety of cases and are prepared to fight for your rights!
Verdicts & Settlements
- $33 Million verdict Wrongful death action against O.J. Simpson
- $19 Million verdict Malicious prosecution action against Chinese importers
- $6.8 Million verdict Business fraud & conversion case representing a Russian company
- $6.5 Million settlement Breach of contract action against multinational corporation resulting in a $6,500,000.00 settlement
- $5.3 Million verdict Business fraud and breach of contract case
- $4.7 Million verdict Wrongful death / Fraudulent transfer case representing both American and Ukrainian residents
- $4.7 Million settlement Liver Transplant case for wrongful death of Saudi Arabian citizen
- $3.1 Million binding arbitration Personal injury's head on collision
- $2.0 Million settlement Fraudulent transfer case
- $2.0 Million settlement Independent Sales Organization for alleged breach of contract claim
- $1.75 Million settlement Shareholder in connection with corporation shareholder dispute
- $1.5 Million settlement Fraud and breach of contract case
- $1.5 Million Judgment Breach of contract and defamation action resulting in default judgment collected
- $1.3 Million verdict Employment and breach of contract case
- $1.2 Million verdict Misappropriation of trade secrets and indemnity claim
- $1.0 Million settlement Employment termination and breach of contract case
© Copyright 2015 Brewer, LLP. All rights reserved. Disclaimer.