Law Firm Finds Coordinated Approach Works Best for Cross-Border Litigation in ChinaJuly 20, 2010
Litigation practices in China require special handling and finding a law firm that will adequately address the complexities of negotiating across jurisdictions as well as take a coordinated approach is the key getting positive results.
Finding an experienced team of lawyers who are well versed in cross-border disputes and international relations is vital when high-stakes litigation is involved.
Hornberger & Brewer, LLP are premier trial lawyers who are experts in coordinating their strategies with local Chinese council. The firm finds this valuable communication serves as an integral part of the negotiation process and by carefully preparing during the pre-litigation phase, their lawyers can substantially facilitate any case concerning intellectual property, commercial claims, securities litigation, international arbitration, misappropriation of trade secrets, internal investigations, antitrust, products liability, interference with contract, breach of contract, fraud, arbitration or other litigation processes in Hong Kong or Mainland China.
Hornberger & Brewer have vast accumulations of foreign judgments in the United States and often secure pre-judgment attachments, restraining orders and preliminary injunctions to prevent the client from suffering a loss of assets.
They also concentrate their efforts on setting aside transfers of assets to avoid judgment creditors and seizure of assets for the purpose of collection. Using their experience in locating assets and domesticating foreign judgments they arbitrate the collection efforts against US based companies as well as individuals.
Hornberger & Brewer are highly skilled professionals who will assist their clients with all of their cross-border civil forfeiture matters, civil subpoenas, civil demands issued by government agencies and many more legal proceedings in Hong Kong or Mainland China.
Their lawyers are well respected and have carefully cultivated relationships with counsel in foreign jurisdictions but will also coordinate cross-border and multi-state litigation for their clients.
Hornberger & Brewer have decades of civil trial experience and their reputations have been built upon their success in the courtroom. They specialize in multi-million dollar dispute litigation and will provide language facilitation in Mandarin, Cantonese, Russian, Spanish and Latvian.
Verdicts & Settlements
- $33 Million verdict Wrongful death action against O.J. Simpson
- $19 Million verdict Malicious prosecution action against Chinese importers
- $6.8 Million verdict Business fraud & conversion case representing a Russian company
- $6.5 Million settlement Breach of contract action against multinational corporation resulting in a $6,500,000.00 settlement
- $5.3 Million verdict Business fraud and breach of contract case
- $4.7 Million verdict Wrongful death / Fraudulent transfer case representing both American and Ukrainian residents
- $4.7 Million settlement Liver Transplant case for wrongful death of Saudi Arabian citizen
- $3.1 Million binding arbitration Personal injury's head on collision
- $2.0 Million settlement Fraudulent transfer case
- $2.0 Million settlement Independent Sales Organization for alleged breach of contract claim
- $1.75 Million settlement Shareholder in connection with corporation shareholder dispute
- $1.5 Million settlement Fraud and breach of contract case
- $1.5 Million Judgment Breach of contract and defamation action resulting in default judgment collected
- $1.3 Million verdict Employment and breach of contract case
- $1.2 Million verdict Misappropriation of trade secrets and indemnity claim
- $1.0 Million settlement Employment termination and breach of contract case
© Copyright 2015 Brewer, LLP. All rights reserved. Disclaimer.