Our Practice Includes:
- Payment processing litigation
- Independent Sales Organization representation
- Merchant advisory and representation services
- Acquiring bank representation
- Handling disputes with card associations including disqualification proceedings
- Contract analysis and representation in Merchant processing agreement disputes
- General Business litigation
- Emphasis on complex cases and trial work in the California Federal and State Courts
Our National and Regional Clients Include:
- Acquiring banks
- Independent Sales Organizations
- Internet Merchants
- Traditional Merchants
- Independent Sales Agents
- Directors and Officers
Legal Experts in Credit Card Processing
Our Lawyers Have Successfully Handled Many Cases Involving Payment Processing Including:
- Successfully represented an ISO in disqualification proceedings by a card association. The card association initiated a disqualification of the ISO which it withdrew as a result of a suit for Preliminary Injunction.
- Successfully defended an ISO in connection with claims of Fraud and Unfair Business practices resulting from alleged billing overcharges
- Obtained a 1.5 million dollar settlement for an ISO as a result of a merchant’s failure to pay chargeback, fines, and penalties.
- Successfully prosecuted an action against a multinational merchant under an early termination provision in a Merchant Processing Agreement which resulted in a $6,500,000.00 settlement for our client.
- Obtained 2.0 million dollar settlement for ISO as a result of merchant’s breach of a Merchant Processing Agreement.
- Successfully prosecuted and tried to verdict case for ISO against Sales Agent for misappropriation of trade secrets, and violation of a non-solicitation provision in Agreement.
- Successfully prosecuted numerous other matters for ISOs and Sales Agents resulting in favorable settlements.
For individuals or businesses who have payment processing issues and/or are involved in litigation, we are the clear choice to represent you and/or your business.
The Law Offices of Michael A. Brewer has offices in Orange County and Downtown Los Angeles. We are centrally and conveniently located for individual and business clients throughout Southern California. For individuals or businesses who have payment processing issues and/or are involved in litigation, we are the clear choice to represent you from case filing through trial. We welcome your case inquiries. Please take the time today to contact us via the phone number, fax, email address listed below:
The use of the Internet for communications with the firm will not establish an attorney-client relationship and messages containing confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent.
Michael A. Brewer
Mr. Brewer is a founding principal and a trial lawyer with extensive civil and trial experience. He has handled numerous matters involving banks, Independent Sales Organizations and Merchants including successfully defending disqualification proceedings initiated by the card associations, regulatory suits filed by the FTC and general contract and tort claims which arise out of the credit card processing relationships involving banks, ISOs and merchants. Mr. Brewer is a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates.
© Copyright 2015 Brewer, LLP. All rights reserved. Disclaimer.