Our Firm Has Developed A Reputation For Excellent Results In The Practice “Cross-Border Litigation”June 21, 2010
Hornberger & Brewer, LLP – Premier Trial Lawyers of California, Experts in Handling Cross-Border Litigation
– Cross border commercial and business ligitation; pre or non-litigation legal advisory services: We focus our practice on disputes of any type including cross-border commercial claims, breach of contract, fraud, interference with contract, misappropriation of trade secrets, quasi-criminal and all other business related torts.
– Collection of foreign judgments in the United States: We can collect judgments from US companies often securing pre-judgment attachments, restraining orders and preliminary injunctions to prevent the loss of an asset. We have significant experience setting aside transfers of assets made to avoid judgment creditors and location and seizing assets for the purpose of collection.
– Domestication of foreign judgments in the United States: Often, a foreign company has obtained a judgment from another jurisdiction against a US based company and/or individual. We are experienced in locating assets and domesticating foreign judgments to faciliate collection efforts against US based companies and individuals.
– Assisting clients in Federal government civil Forfeiture matters: We handle cases where the United States government has seized foreign assets thereby depriving the assets holder of the asset. We can handle these matters in the pre-litigation phase often avoiding the need for further proceedings and, if necessary, initiate and litigate claims against the government to secure the release of that asset.
– Assistance with responding to civil subpoenas and government Civil Demands: We can assist foreign companies to respond to subpoenas served to obtain documents or compel the attendance of a witness to a legal proceeding and help respond to federal and state Civil Demands often issued by government agencies as part of a federal or state investigation.
– Coordinate with counsel in foreign jurisdictions and North America based counsel, other than in California, in multi-state and/or cross-border litigation: We often coordinate cross-border and multi-state litigation for our clients. This typically arises in multi-party litigation between foreign and domestic companies and/or regulatory agencies.
– Language facilitation in Mandarin, Cantonese, Russian, Spanish and Latvian
Verdicts & Settlements
- $33 Million verdict Wrongful death action against O.J. Simpson
- $19 Million verdict Malicious prosecution action against Chinese importers
- $6.8 Million verdict Business fraud & conversion case representing a Russian company
- $6.5 Million settlement Breach of contract action against multinational corporation resulting in a $6,500,000.00 settlement
- $5.3 Million verdict Business fraud and breach of contract case
- $4.7 Million verdict Wrongful death / Fraudulent transfer case representing both American and Ukrainian residents
- $4.7 Million settlement Liver Transplant case for wrongful death of Saudi Arabian citizen
- $3.1 Million binding arbitration Personal injury's head on collision
- $2.0 Million settlement Fraudulent transfer case
- $2.0 Million settlement Independent Sales Organization for alleged breach of contract claim
- $1.75 Million settlement Shareholder in connection with corporation shareholder dispute
- $1.5 Million settlement Fraud and breach of contract case
- $1.5 Million Judgment Breach of contract and defamation action resulting in default judgment collected
- $1.3 Million verdict Employment and breach of contract case
- $1.2 Million verdict Misappropriation of trade secrets and indemnity claim
- $1.0 Million settlement Employment termination and breach of contract case
© Copyright 2015 Brewer, LLP. All rights reserved. Disclaimer.