Suoo Lee is an associate specializing in civil litigation with an emphasis on business and commercial litigation. She began her career as a teacher and an investigator. As a former investigator, she has extensive experience in fact gathering, research, and all aspects of the discovery process. She has also worked for the Illinois House of Representatives and the Champaign County Courthouse and has contributed to the development of laws in the legislative and judicial branch of the government.
Ms. Lee obtained her Bachelor’s Degree in Molecular and Cell Biology, with an emphasis on Neurobiology, from the University of California, Berkeley, and her Juris Doctor degree from the University of Illinois College of Law. In law school, Ms. Lee participated in the National Moot Court Competition and acted as the Executive Editor of the Frederick Green Moot Court. She has won CALI Awards in Empirical Methods in Law and Tax Exempt Organizations, as well as honors in Legal Writing and Research. Specifically, she has won the Rickert Award in Legal Writing for an empirical research paper she co-authored analyzing the trends in attorney misconduct.
Ms. Lee is bilingual in Korean and English. She has a thorough understanding of legal, social and cultural issues surrounding Korean clients and their businesses. She was admitted to the State Bar of California in 2011.
Ms. Lee enjoys various hobbies, including playing the piano, kickboxing, and completing large scale jigsaw puzzles.
You may contact Ms. Lee via her e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current Employment Position(s):
Areas of Practice:
- Civil Litigation
- J.D. : University of Illinois College of Law, Champaign, Illinois, May 2011
- B.A. : University of California Berkeley, Berkeley, California, May 2007
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- California State Bar, 2011 – Present
Verdicts & Settlements
- $33 Million verdict Wrongful death action against O.J. Simpson
- $19 Million verdict Malicious prosecution action against Chinese importers
- $6.8 Million verdict Business fraud & conversion case representing a Russian company
- $6.5 Million settlement Breach of contract action against multinational corporation resulting in a $6,500,000.00 settlement
- $5.3 Million verdict Business fraud and breach of contract case
- $4.7 Million verdict Wrongful death / Fraudulent transfer case representing both American and Ukrainian residents
- $4.7 Million settlement Liver Transplant case for wrongful death of Saudi Arabian citizen
- $3.1 Million binding arbitration Personal injury's head on collision
- $2.0 Million settlement Fraudulent transfer case
- $2.0 Million settlement Independent Sales Organization for alleged breach of contract claim
- $1.75 Million settlement Shareholder in connection with corporation shareholder dispute
- $1.5 Million settlement Fraud and breach of contract case
- $1.5 Million Judgment Breach of contract and defamation action resulting in default judgment collected
- $1.3 Million verdict Employment and breach of contract case
- $1.2 Million verdict Misappropriation of trade secrets and indemnity claim
- $1.0 Million settlement Employment termination and breach of contract case
© Copyright 2015 Brewer, LLP. All rights reserved. Disclaimer.